Acrylic foam is a monolithic mass based on acrylic copolymers and monomers, which polymerises under the influence of UV light and forms a homogeneous, self-adhesive, closed-cell and highly elastic high-density foam. Micro beads and microfibres are added to the mass to improve the bond (toughness). The entire polymerisation process takes place without the presence of solvents (through a UV process).
EHB acrylic foam adhesive tapes are a class apart compared to standard double-sided adhesive tapes. The highly elastic properties of acrylic foam ensure an optimal response to the action of shear, tensile and compressive forces of the adhesive joint. They withstand high loads in the face of weather influences and temperature cycles. They also retain their long-term initial characteristics and do not experience material fatigue over time.
EHB tape adhering technology offers many new possibilities of use. In many cases, it can be used as an alternative to screwing, riveting, soldering and welding.
When adhering, there are no deformations on the surfaces of the materials, as in the case of welding, soldering or riveting.
The adhesive joint is tough but elastic, effectively absorbing stress forces during shocks, vibrations and temperature cycles.
The adhesive bonding process does not damage the surface of the adhering materials, so there is no corrosion at this point.
Deformation or breakage does not occur when adhering materials with different elongations.
EHB adhesive tapes are adhesive throughout the entire mass, so they adhere to each other at the joints. The seal is airtight (including under vacuum pressure) and watertight.
Key benefits of EHB® tapes
- Reliability and durability over a longer period of time, fatigue is not an issue.
- Extreme UV resistance and resistance to extreme weather conditions.
- The closed-cell structure of the material ensures complete watertightness.
- Its unique properties ensure great toughness, strength and elasticity at the same time.
- It effectively withstands loads throughout temperature changes, stress loads (vibrations, shocks) and compensates loads from adhered materials with different elongations.
EHB adhesive tapes - basic information
- Very high foam density, from 750 to 1000 kg/m3
- High elasticity
- Tape thickness: from 0.25 mm to 3 mm
- Foam thickness tolerance: +/- 50 microns
- Available in transparent, white, grey and black
- Supplied in rolls from 5 mm upwards