- Insufficient thorough cleaning
- Improper cleaner
Inadequate preparation of surface and/or tape with regard to surface energy
- See chapter: Guidelines for successful adhering
- Ensure a suitable tape surface according to the load assumption.
- The tape must be applied with a sufficient surface to the basis (uneven surfaces require a greater thickness of tape).
- When adhering different materials, it is necessary to take into account the elongation values
Inadequate choice of tape type with regard to thermal load
- The choice of EHB tapes according to temperature resistance is between 100 and 220 °C.
Inadequate working conditions
- Choosing a suitable tape for working at low temperatures
- Insufficient pressure does not create sufficient application or adhesion of the tape to the surface (very important for uneven surfaces and lower temperatures).
Premature joint load
- Immediate tape adhesion when following the instructions described above is 50-60% of the final value (80-90%) if using primer/sanding)
- the final value of the adhesive joint occurs after 48 hours (the higher the temperature, the shorter the time).
NEED HELP WHEN CHOOSING AN ADHESIVE TAPE?
Send an inquiry